Hi friends! It's been a wonderfully cool day here - our first real "fall" day!!! It's been so nice to go outside and enjoy the cool air instead of getting a blast of heat to the face. Fall is finally here, and I'm in the mood for some fall-themed cards. For this card, I pulled out my Blueprints #3 and Blueprints #4 dies and just mixed and matched until I got a neat layout for a card. The wreath stamps from the Seasonal Wreaths set (Flourishes) fit perfectly inside the large circle die from the Blueprints #3 die set. I picked out the sunflower wreath and stamped it with a permanent ink and let it dry. Then I went to town playing with my Distress Markers and Tim Holtz Water Brush and colored in the wreath. The markers that I used are as follows:
Scattered Straw - sunflower petals
Wild Honey - sunflower petals
Shabby Shutters - leaves
Peeled Paint - leaves
Pine Needles - leaves
Aged Mahogany - wreath base and filler flowers
Fired Brick - wreath base and filler flowers
Vintage Photo - centers of sunflowers
Walnut Stain - centers of sunflowers
Once I finished coloring in the sunflower wreath, I set it aside to dry completely. Meanwhile, I pulled out the French Country 6x6 paper pad (graphic 45) and cut the sunflower paper with the large rectangle shape from the Blueprints #4 die set. The coordinating yellow paper from the same French Country paper pad was cut with the scallop border from the Blueprints #4 die set. I used the same yellow paper to cut two of the little tags from the Blueprints #3 die set.
I stamped the "With" and "Thanks" from the Autumn Blessings stamp set (Flourishes) onto the two yellow tags. The sunflower paper was adhered to a dark brown card base with the two rounded corners at the top of the card. Next, I glued down the two sentiment tags on the left side and then cut off the excess that was overhanging.
With the sunflower wreath now completely dry, I centered it inside the large pierced circle die from the Blueprints #3 die setand cut it out. I then cut out the arch shape from Blueprints #3 with dark brown cardstock and adhered the sunflower wreath circle to the arch. I glued the arch down onto the card and then glued the yellow scallop border at the very bottom. Some red twine was wrapped around the bottom of the card to finish this off.
It's fun to see how mixing and matching can lead to new ideas. I hope you try one or two of the new Blueprints die sets and see for yourself! :-) Save some money off your order by using this code, Holly-10, when you go shopping at Classy Cards 'n Such today.
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
MFT's Elf Blueprint Challenge Week Five - Anything Goes (I used Blueprints 3 and 4)
Craftitude #49 - Anything Goes
Simply Create Too #47 - Fall/Autumn
Drunken Stampers #143 - Die Cuts
Sugar Creek Hollow #70 - Fall is in the Air