Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Guest Designer for Cheery Lynn Designs


I'm happy to share the news with you that today I am a guest designer over on the Cheery Lynn Designs blog.  Squeeeeeeeeeee!  I am their guest designer for this month, so for the next three Sundays, I'll have a new post up over there.  

For my card today, I've gone with a slightly Oriental theme. I was inspired by the new Vase dies and I wanted to see what would fit into this particular shape of vase. The baby's breath branch from the Embellishments #2 set works perfectly! I cut some of the tiny baby's breath flowers (Embellishments #2) as well as some of the larger flowers from the Embellishments #3 set and glued them down on the branch. I added pearls to the four largest flowers.

For the vase itself, I wanted it to look like old crackled pottery. I stamped the vase with a stained glass background and then covered it with Glossy Accents. It was set aside to dry overnight and then glued down over the floral branch.

The Mesh Border provides the perfect little accent in the background. You can see that I kept this clean and simple so that the vase of flowers remains the focal point of this card. I hope you've enjoyed my first guest post today! Check out my post next Sunday for a fun and colorful card. :-)

The Cheery Lynn Designs dies that I used today are:

Vase set of 4
Embellishments #2
Embellishments #3
Mesh Border

No comments: