Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Caring Cameo



Hi friends!  I hope you are enjoying this beautiful weekend!  I want to share this card that I created with one of the beautiful cameos from the Classy Cards 'n Such store. You can see all of the resin cameos by clicking on the Embellish tab and scrolling down. Aren't they beautiful??

I used the following items to create this card:

Silhouette Bulk Pack - Girl with Bird
Lacey Ovals die (Spellbinders)
Labels 18 die (Spellbinders)
Hugs and Kisses stamp set (JustRite)
Shabby Music background stamp (JustRite)
Flower Flourish embossing folder

I started by die cutting a brown oval slightly larger than my pretty blue cameo, and then I cut a Lacey Oval from vanilla cardstock and adhered these together. The blue layer was cut from the Labels 18 die and then embossed with the Flower Flourish folder, and then I used the Cuttlebug Highlights technique from Technique Junkies on it.

I stamped the Shabby Music background on brown cardstock and rounded off the top corners with a corner punch. I adhered the Lacey Oval/cameo piece to the the blue Labels 18 die cut, and then I adhered that to my music background. I adhered this brown square to a vanilla cardstock layer (with the top corners rounded off) and then stamped the The Just Because sentiment at the bottom. I wrapped some blue seam binding around this vanilla layer between the music background and the sentiment and then adhered this to a blue card base (also with the top corners rounded off).

I love how this card turned out - so pretty and romantic. The resin cameos in the Classy Cards 'n Such store are so gorgeous, and it's easy to pop them on a card for instant elegance.  Please feel free to use this code, Holly-10, to save 10% off your order when you go shopping at Classy Cards 'n Such.  

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Holly, this is breathakingly beautiful.

stampqueen said...

Absolutly stunning!!!! I sense some shopping in my fucture!!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So gorgeous!