Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Be Mine accordian card




Hi folks!! I've got a fun Valentine card to share with y'all today. Yup, I actually made a Valentine's card BEFORE February!! Hee hee hee!

The products from Classy Cards 'n Such that I have used are:

Classic Scallop Heart die (Spellbinders)
Doodlebug Sweet Cakes 6x6 paper pad
Doodle Twine - Sweet Cakes Valentine Assortment (bakers twine)
Parker Upper Alphabet dies (Memory Box)
Quickie Glue Pen

This card is a Zig Zag accordian card from the Fancy Folds and Motion Paper Crafts CD from Technique Junkies. I added some of the patterned paper to the accordian folds and punched some hearts from the same patterned paper pad. They are sticking out of the accordian folds with the help of some silver wire.

The large red heart at the back of this card was cut from the Sweet Cakes 6x6 paper pad and adhered to a large white Scallop Heart (cut from the Classic Scallop Heart die set). I die cut the letters I needed to spell out my sentiment and adhered them with the Quickie Glue Pen. Lastly, I fashioned a tiny bow from the coordinating bakers twine and adhered that above the sentiment.

This will be a fun card to give to someone. Can't you just imagine the surprise on the recipient's face when this springs open? :-)  You can purchase the products listed above at Classy Cards 'n Such.  Save 10% by using this code, Holly-10, when you check out.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Ruby's Rainbow #46 - Valentine's
Whimsical Designs - All about Love
City Crafter #143 - Forever Mine
Tammy's Scrapin Corner #46 - Red and/or Hearts
Victorine Originals #51 - Valentine's/Red, White, and Pink

15 comments:

Darlene said...

This is FANTASTIC! I don't think I've ever made this style creation ... thanks for inspiration!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘I {HEART} VALENTINE’S’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
P.S. I have blog candy available through January if you are interested.

Lisa B said...

I had to go and check out your link for that die!!! I love it. Sadly I am on a craft "diet" or I would be all over that one. I love how you put this card together.

Thanks for sharing this with us over at the Sisterhood and playing along with our Heart challenge!

Alljazzed2create said...

What a great card. Love the center step.
Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner.
Pam - DT.

Ros Crawford said...

Brilliant ... such a lovely card ... Thanks so much for playing at CCCB!

Anonymous said...

Super cute! Love the floating hearts!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the floating hearts too-thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner
Carol DT x

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card!!! I love the hearts popping up!! Thanks so much for sharing for adorable card this week at CCCB :-)

Basslady said...

a fantastic and very clever valentine-card! love it!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE! Love the darling little hearts sprouting up! Such pretty colors and lovely design. Thanks for joining the Whimsical Wednesday Challenge at Whimsical Designs!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Holly! A darling accordion card with such traditional elements, and quite classy with the black! Wow! Thanks for inspiring me today! hugs, de

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Stunningly beautiful card! and I love that unique fold and pop up, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Archana Joshi said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful card at Tammys Scrapin Corner this week.
hugs,
Archana

Unknown said...

Such a sweet card. Thanks so much for joining us over at CCCB!

Nanne said...

Oh wow!! what a great card, love the little dangling hearts..
thanks for sharing this with us girls over at Whimsical Designs..
hugs
Nanné

TannyP said...

I really do need to give this card style a try. I love the dimensional hearts :) Thanks for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters for our I {heart} Valentines challenge!