Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Rogue Shape Up Challenge



Hi folks!  I bought some new stamps from Rogue Redhead Designs, and I've been itching to get them inky.  There is a new challenge on their blog - Shape Up.  We are being challenged to make a card or project with the following three shapes - circle, square, and rectangle.  Yup, all three of these shapes have to be on the card.  It took me a while of thinking about it, and I came up with this.

I stamped the trees from the new set, Nature Notes, onto some blue patterned paper (square).  That was cut out and adhered to a black layer which I've used the Torn Frames technique on.  I needed something behind the trees, and I found my old stash of Magic Mesh.  The sentiment is also from the Nature Notes set (rectangle), and then I added a couple of buttons for the circle requirement.  The card base is an A2 size, so that's a second rectangle for the challenge.

I love that sentiment - so perfect with this image of trees.  Here's hoping you have a great weekend!

Stamps: Nature Notes (Rogue Redhead Designs)
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine
CS: Black, Kraft, Harvest Market (lilybeedesign)
Other: buttons, linen thread, black Magic Mesh
Technique Junkies Technique: Torn Frames


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all the great patterns you have brought together behind the simple image of the trees! Great layout and I love the torn frames technique!

Thanks for playing the RRD Shape Up Rebel Challenge and glad you are having fun with your new set!

Hugs, Shar

Debi said...

Holly, great use of the new RRD stamps, thanks for playing Shape Up Rebel Challenge, Debi x