Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Copper Snowflakes

Are you enjoying your weekend?  Tonight I am sharing a Christmas card with y'all. Christmas?? It's spring-time! LOL Yup, I saw a fun challenge on the Jingle Belles blog and I was in love with the inspiration picture there. I just had to play along, and guess what? I now have one Christmas card ready for December!


I loved that snowflake and the neutral color palette on the Jingle Belles blog, so I went searching through my stash. I found this gorgeous set from Flourishes called Holiday Sparkle. Isn't that snowflake awesome?

I wanted to stick with that neutral color palette, but I needed a bit of oomph to make it pop. Instead of stamping in brown, I decided to emboss the snowflakes and sentiment with Copper embossing powder from Creative Inspirations Paint. I tried to use a brown cardstock layer, and then a copper cardstock layer, but they just didn't look right. More Copper embossing powder to the rescue! I embossed the layers with the same powder so everything would coordinate. You can see the awesome copper color in this picture below:


I purposely made this card CAS (Clean And Simple) and I didn't add any other embellishments. This card is perfect for mailing with just one postage stamp. Now I'm off to make a big stash of these in different colors - I'll be ready for Christmas this year! :-)

4 comments:

Sheree said...

What a beautiful Christmas card Holly!! Copper is one of my faves and you have used a gorgeous hammered finish embossing powder. Love that snowflake!
Hugs,
Sheree

SmilynStef said...

Wowza ... that is one pretty snowflake ... and how lovely does it look in copper ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles to start taking back December one holiday card at a time.

Barbara said...

What a gorgeous card! I love that idea and how you made it shine.

lauren bergold said...

for the record, i'd call copper just a lovely sparkly version of brown... and TOTALLY neutral!!! :)

absolutely ♥LOVE♥ this gorgeous C&S card... perfect stamping, lovely background, just ENOUGH perfect detail! magnificent, in short!!!