Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

IBFCC #17 - Fun or Fancy Fold challenge

It's time for another challenge over on the I Brake for Challenges blog, and today we are having fun with Fun or Fancy Fold projects.

I was inspired by the blue background paper that I used here. It reminded me of the beautiful Delft plates that my mother collects. I used this sweet scene from the Rare Image Garden Sheet (I Brake for Stamps) and stamped it in blue. I sponged the edges with some Antique Linen distress ink to give it an aged appearance.


You're wondering what the "fancy fold" part of my card is, aren't you? I used the Double Gatefold Card technique (Technique Junkies), and you can see how this card opens in this picture below:



The sentiment inside is also from the Rare Image Garden Sheet. I love the way this card opens up - so unexpected. :-)

Check out what the other Design Team members created over on the I Brake for Challenges blog. We'd love to have you play along!

You can order this stamp sheet and the Antique Linen distress ink from I Brake for Stamps. Save 10% off your order by using this code - SAVE10HOLLY. This code is good for your entire order, including stamps, inks, 6x6 paper packs, flowers, and Creative Inspirations Paints. Happy shopping!


Stamps: Rare Image Garden Sheet - I Brake for Stamps
Ink: Marina Mist, Antique Linen distress ink (my FAVORITE)
CS: White, Marina Mist
Other: sponge
TJ Technique: Double Gatefold Card (Fancy Folds & Motion Paper Crafts cd)

3 comments:

BarbaraW said...

Fabulous card. Love the fold and the color is luscious.
I didn't know that IBFS now handles the rare images stamps.

Jean Franks Beck said...

This is stunning, Holly!

Joan Ervin said...

What a gorgeous card, Holly...the blues are really pretty and I love the fancy fold design!!!