Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Wicker Chair



I fell in love with this wicker chair when I saw it in the I Brake for Stamps store, and I put in a big order for a bunch of the Embossing Arts images there. :-) I watercolored this sweet image with distress inks and then sponged some Tea Dye distress ink around the edges. The kraft mat underneath was turned into a Torn Frame via the technique of the same name from Technique Junkies.

I didn't realize this until after the card was done, but I picked the strips of blue patterned paper to subconsciously coordinate with the weaving in the wicker chair. How cool is that? I love it when I pick just the "right" paper only to realize later on "why" it was so perfect. I went through literally ALL of my designer paper, rejecting everything I saw because it just wasn't right, until I found this particular sheet from the Country Drive collection by Echo Park. :-)

I hope you're staying cool this week. It's still sweltering here in Texas - still no break from the 100+ degree heat yet. Oy. Send rain, please!! :-)


Stamps: Wicker Chair from I Brake for Stamps (use code SAVE10HOLLY to save 10% off your order)
Ink: Timber Brown Stazon, Tea Dye, Broken China, Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Straw, Mustard Seed, Worn Lipstick
CS: Kraft, watercolor paper, Country Drive (Echo Park)
Other: wooden button, linen thread, aquapainter, corner rounder, sponge
TJ Technique: Torn Frames

3 comments:

MezzoKat said...

Great instinctive choice of paper, sweet card.

BarbaraW said...

Love the image and the background is just perfect. Great job.

Evette K. said...

I too had seen this stamp image and loved it!!! Your card is just so very awesome!! I am just going to have to try this design myself, I love it. ekc