Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Food of Love


Well, amazingly enough, I haven't melted from this record-breaking heat - YET! LOL I'm still here and still making cards to share with y'all!

Today's card uses brand new images from Chapel Road. They are working on getting the pictures up in the store, so please keep checking back and clicking on the "New" category to see them.

When I went to a shoebox swap back in May, my sweet friend Tex (hi, Bev!!!) and I had some leftover bags with the card parts ready to go. I asked her if I could steal a few of them and she practically shoved them at me. LOL I gave her some of my bags for an even trade.

All I had to do was stamp something on this and glue the pieces down - so perfect for those days when you just don't have much time. I picked out the little flourish/swirly stamp from the new Inchy Designs set and stamped it on each side of the white cardstock piece, and then I stamped the sentiment from a brand new drama/theater set (un-named as of yet) in the center.

I used the Wisped Frames technique around the sentiment to soften the bright white a bit. I also did the Cuttlebug Highlights technique by sponging some Blue Ice Creative Inspirations Paint on the embossed areas in the background. It's so shimmery and sparkly!

I hope you are staying cool and hydrated in this hot weather. Have a wonderful day!


Stamps: new sets from Chapel Road - Inchy Designs and a drama/theater set
Ink: Tumbled Glass, Tuxedo Black Memento
CS: Cool Caribbean, white, black
Other: sponge, Labels 4 die, Tim Holtz flourishes embossing folder, Blue Ice Creative Inspirations Paint
TJ Techniques: Cuttlebug Highlights, Wisped Frames

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty card - I do like that design

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a pretty card- I love the CB highlights with the CI paints- fabulous!!!