Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I Brake for Challenges #2


Are y'all ready for the second challenge from I Brake for Challenges? This week is all about techniques. If you are a member of Technique Junkies, pick a tech and share your artwork with us. You can find all kinds of techniques on the internet such as polished stone or paper piecing. If you are a Tim Holtz fan, show us your Tim-inspired creation.

For my project, you might be stumped as to what technique I actually used here. If you look very closely at the "white" space around the princess, you will see a very pale pink "frame" around her. I used Wisped Frames - a fun technique from Technique Junkies.

This sweet princess is one of the girls from the Sarah's Girls stamp sheet at I Brake for Stamps. Princess Mary is colored with Copic markers, and I added some pearls to the top of her crown. The flowers are also from I Brake for Stamps; they are found in the Wild Orchid flowers section (such GORGEOUS flowers!).

Come play with us this week over at the I Brake for Challenges blog! We'd love to see what techniques you are using on your artwork! :-)


Stamps: Princess Mary from the Sarah's Girls stamp sheet (use SAVE10HOLLY to save 10% off your order)
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento, Spun Sugar distress
CS: White, Brushed Silver, patterned paper (Creative Imaginations)
Other: oval dies, copic markers, pearls, sponge, ribbon, silver glitter pen, Wild Orchid flowers (I Brake for Stamps)
TJ Technique: Wisped Frames

No comments: