Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Heart Song Designs Sketch - March 27, 2011

Hey sleepyheads! Are you enjoying your Sunday morning? There is a new sketch over on the Heart Song Inspiration blog for y'all to play with, so go check it out. You could win free digis just for playing along with the weekly sketch challenges!

For my card, I used the beautiful March Daffodil digi from Heart Song Designs and I used some Stampin Up markers and the Marker Watercoloring technique (from Technique Junkies) to color the flowers. I pulled out some Kaisercraft patterned papers and some cardstock and then mixed and matched until I got some colors that I was happy with.


Don't feel limited to using the circle that was in the sketch. You can use any shape as long as your finished card resembles the sketch. I used an oval shape here because it fit my daffodils better than the circle. The leaves were just a tad too big for the oval die cut, so I used the Out of the Box Nesties technique from Technique Junkies to make it work.

Head on over to the Heart Song Inspirations blog to see the new sketch challenge and drool over what the Design Team gals have created. Upload your own creation based on our sketch and you could win free digis!! :-)

Be sure to come on back here on Friday, April 1, for a very special Spring Showers blog hop. We will be showcasing all the new April digis from Heart Song Designs, and you really have to see all this wonderful new artwork!!!

2 comments:

Sheree said...

This card is beautiful! Daffodils are mt favourite spring flower!
Great layout and I really like your papers!

Miss Molly said...

The buttons are soo cute - but I just love the deep spring colors you used!!