Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cardabilities Sketch #27

It's time for another Cardabilities sketch, so here is sketch #27:


To be honest, I don't sew. Nope, not a lick. In fact, my hubby does what little sewing needs to be done around here. LOL Sooo...... I ignored those little "sewing" lines when I created my card.



My little concession to the sewing thing is to thread some buttons with linen thread. There's no stamping on this card - just papers, die cuts, flowers, and lots of distressing. This will make a great "just because" card to send to someone for a little surprise.

Why don't you check out what the other Cardabilities DT gals have done over on the Cardabilities blog? There's so many fantastic takes on this sketch! I hope you join in on the fun and come on back here on March 30 for sketch #28.


Stamps: none
Ink: Kraft (sponged on edges of doily die cut)
CS: kraft, not quite navy, Hattie pp (My Mind's Eye)
Other: prima flowers, linen thread, buttons, doily die (PTI), distress tool, scallop square punch, suede ribbon (May Arts)
TJ Technique: Distressed Papers

4 comments:

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Holly your card is so beautiful and elegant looking,love the colours!

Vada said...

Holly this is so wonderful, I'm glad you left out the sewing lines. Looks great!! Hugs Vada

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

I love your pretty interpretation of the sketch!!! Beautiful job!

I adore buttons and flowers together!!! : )

Yvonne said...

Like the colors you have chosen. It gives a warm feeling.

TFS

yvonne