Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Week 4 with Gingersnap Creations

This is my fourth and last week with Gingersnap Creations, and this week is all about a color challenge. The Gingersnap girls picked Jewel Colors with Gold for this challenge. For the month of February, the Gingersnap Creations DT has an overall theme of Royalty with a focus on adding shimmer and sparkle to their art for each of the weekly challenges.

As I thought about Jewel Colors, images of sapphires, rubies, emeralds, and diamonds came to mind. Then I saw this swirly egg image sitting on my table, and my mind just screamed, "Faberge eggs!" How perfect to tie in jewel colors, gold, and a royal theme than with the royal Faberge eggs created for the Czar of Russia?



I stamped the egg three times with Versamark, poured gold embossing powder on them, and heated the powder til it melted. Then I colored each egg with the Jewel colors of Creative Inspirations Paint - Sapphire, Garnet, and Emerald. (Too perfect, eh??)

I added a fleur de lis brad and a red bow on the top of the Garnet Faberge egg, and I used the Curled Corners technique on the white cardstock. Some pearls and gold scallops finish off this detailed card. You can see the shimmer of the paint in this close-up picture:


I want to thank the Gingersnap Creations team for inviting me to be a Visiting Artist this month. These challenges definitely stretched me and challenged me to think outside my normal range of stamping, and I have had a total blast. The Gingersnap gals do some AWESOME work, and I am honored to be able to share my artwork with them this month.


Stamps: Small Swirl Egg from I Brake for Stamps (use code SAVE10HOLLY to save 10% off your order)
Ink: Versamark
CS: White, Black, Gold
Creative Inspirations Paint: Sapphire, Garnet, Emerald
Other: gold embossing powder, wrinkled red ribbon (May Arts), fleur de lis brad (The Paper Studio), pearls (Kaisercraft), Embossed Curve edge punch (EK Success)
Technique: Curled Corners (Technique Junkies)

7 comments:

Karin said...

Wow, these are beautiful! Love the gold and the colors are amazing :) Great stamp too!

Unknown said...

A lot of care and thought went in to these very pretty

Love Dawn xx

Tammy Q Howell said...

Those are beautiful! Love the colors and the gold embossing is perfect.

Anonymous said...

Totally love your fabulous gold-gilded eggs! Beautiful!

Thanks for playing with us at Gingersnap Creations this month!

Peggy T. said...

Fabulous card, Holly.

Leslie Miller said...

I love that beautiful egg, and with the gold embossing -- awesome and perfect for the challenge!

peggy gatto said...

So elegant!!