Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Caramel Apples


Remember eating caramel apples when you were a kid?? Mmmmmm........ When I saw these adorable little apples during PaperTrey's release party last week, I knew I had to get this set. As soon as I got these stamps in the mail, I inked up those apples right away. LOL

This week's sketch on SCS was a good fit with the mason jar image. The sketch shows as a square card, so I changed it up a bit by making a normal A2 rectangle card. I pulled out last year's Indian Summer papers from Basic Grey and I colored the jar and apples with Copic markers.

I really wanted some sort of ribbon around the top of the mason jar, but nothing looked right. Fall? Caramel apples? Oh yes, raffia!!!!!!!! I punched some small holes on either side of the jar and threaded the raffia through several times to wrap around the jar.

I had so much fun creating this card. Now I'm looking around to see what else I can use as the toppers for these sticks in the jar. Who says I have to use only the things in the PaperTrey mason jar sets? :-)

No comments: