Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

QKR - Pointillism Snowman Couple



Isn't this snowman couple adorable? My favorite seasons are fall and winter, and not just because the weather is cooler. I have some wonderful memories of making snowmen and snowangels as a kid, and stamps like this bring those memories back. Since I live in Texas, it's rather hard to make snowmen here. LOL

These images are from QKR Stampede, and I colored the snow couple with copic markers in some frosty blue colors. The background is created using the Pointillism technique from the Technique Junkies newsletter (December 2006 issue). There are lots of snowmen in the QKR Stampede store, and I'm looking forward to using more of them. Are you ready for Christmas yet??

Stamps:
Snowman Couple from QKR Stampede
Deck the Halls from QKR Stampede

Ink:
Tuxedo Black Memento
Night of Navy (SU)

Paper:
Whisper White (SU)
Night of Navy (SU)
watercolor paper

Other:
Copic markers
watercolor crayons
ribbon (SU)
Ribbon Tags Trio die (Spellbinders)

Technique:
Pointillism (Technique Junkies December 2006 issue)

4 comments:

Carol said...

Super cute, Holly! I love all the cool blues of the winter season. Winter, though, is not one of my favorite seasons . . . I'm "done" with the snow after a week!

Debby said...

Holly, I love your snowpeople they are so cute. Great job.
angel hugs
Debby

Chrissy D said...

Great background, girl. Love those blues with those cute snowmen!!!

Joan Ervin said...

Awwww, tooo cute..I'm lovin those sweet little snowmen!!! Sure would like to see a little of that white stuff one of these days...LOL!!!