Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Belli Challenge #93 - rub-ons

Happy Wednesday! Are you ready for another Belli challenge today? This one is easy: rub-ons!!! Just create something (card, scrap page, box, other 3D item) and add a rub-on (or two or three) to that project to qualify for the Belli Challenge. If you are like me, you've got several packages of rub-ons somewhere in your crafting area that have never been opened. LOL

I opened one such package and used the biggest rub-on (the "celebrate" sentiment) from this package on this fun and summer-y card:



This card literally took me 10 minutes to make. I just got into that groove and it all clicked together just perfectly. The longest part about this card was waiting for the crackle paint to dry on the chipboard circle.

Ya like my ribbon flower? LOL That idea just popped into my head and I thought, hey, why not? I found a chipboard circle in my stash and added a pop-up glue dot to the back. Then I cut small lengths of ribbon and just started pressing them into the glue dot. When I was done, I added another glue dot on top of the one with the ribbon ends pressed into it, and then stuck it on my card. Fun and different, huh? :-)

Wanna see what the other Belli Girls have created? Go check them out on the Belli Challenge blog, and hopefully you will be inspired to create your own project with a rub-on. We'd love to have you enter your creation in our Belli Challenge.


Stamps: none
Ink: none
Paper: Bashful Blue, Basic Black, Real Red, retired SU paper
Other:
chipboard circle
red gingham ribbon (Offray)
white distress crackle paint (Ranger)
large ric rac die (Sizzix)
rub-on (Melissa Frances)

9 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love the font of the rub-on, and that ribbon flower is AWESOME in RED!!

joy said...

Fantastic card! Everything looks so perfect! Your flower turned out super! With your permission I'd love to make some flowers like yours - they are incredible!!

LauraB said...

great idea-I am quickly becoming a fan of yours-thanks to CHF!

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo cute, Holly...love the fun rubon and how adorable is that flower!!!! When I saw the crackle paint, I knew it was yours...LOL!!!

Maria Matter said...

this is wonderful Holly! I love the clean fresh look!! Brilliant idea with the crackled chipboard, add just the right bit of interest! Very cool!
blessings!

Thebug415 said...

Love it! I think the ribbon flower looks neat. As a matter of fact I made one a week or so ago you may see in the near future...lol. Cute paper too!

Ceal said...

super cute Holly! great challenge I will not be a run-on hoarder again! (:

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this card- the ric rac is an awesome touch- I love the flower and the crackle paint/texture is great. Fun card.

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Great card, Holly - very cheery! Love the flower with the crackly center! Guess that's what happens to flowers in Texas in the summer, eh?? ;-)