Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Flowers in the Chicken Wire



Cornish Heritage Farms released a beautiful new sentiment set yesterday called Thomas Kinkade Expressions. I was in the mood to make a romantic, old-fashioned card with a country-ish feel to it with one of the sentiments.

I cut an oval frame using two different sizes of oval dies and some lightweight chipboard. The frame was painted with crackle paint and left to dry.

The flowers already had those wonderful dark purple speckles/splatters on them, so I wanted to incorporate that into my sentiment. I loaded up a paintbrush with water and dipped it into some of the purple ink and then flicked it over the sentiment.

I didn't have the right shade of purple cardstock, so I sponged some purple ink onto the edges of the white cardstock. That's my little trick when I can't find the cardstock I want - make your own colored cardstock. :-)

There are more gorgeous samples in the CHF gallery using this new stamp set. Go check them out here and enjoy the beautiful eye candy this weekend.

By the way, the Chicken Wire backgrounder is on sale right now, and you can get a FREE stamp when your order is over $25. But you will have to hurry - this offer ends next Thursday, May 20. Click here to get started. Happy shopping!


Stamps:
Thomas Kinkade Expressions (Mona Lisa Moments) from Cornish Heritage Farms
Chicken Wire backgrounder from Cornish Heritage Farms

Ink:
Dusty Concord distress (Ranger)
Milled Lavender distress (Ranger)

Paper:
Simply Smooth White from Cornish Heritage Farms
Simply Kraft from Cornish Heritage Farms
lightweight chipboard

Other:
flowers (Prima)
Dusty Concord distress crackle paint (Ranger)
paintbrush
sponge
aged copper brads (Making Memories)
oval dies (Spellbinders)

2 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful card, Holly! Reminds me of flowers that always find a way to poke through fences--softening harsh borders!

Ceal said...

Beautiful!