Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Polka Dot Birthday Card



Here's a quick birthday card for you today. I had a leftover strip from my experiment with Dabbed Shimmers, and I put it to use on this card. This technique is from the Technique Junkies newsletter and my card is all nice and shimmery.

This color combo is fun and different - dark brown, kraft, and soft pink. I used white pigment ink for the large polka dots, and I only stamped the lower half of the card. I didn't want polka dots over the entire card, and I thought it would be more fun to just have a little bit on there. That way they don't overwhelm the card, and you can see the extra bow loops that I created with the brown dotted ribbon.

The sentiment is from the newly released Thomas Kinkade Birthday Expressions set. You can't go wrong with any of the sentiments in this set. Check out the other samples in the gallery HERE. There are some beautiful cards in there to inspire you.


Stamps:
Thomas Kinkade Birthday Expressions (Mona Lisa Moments) from Cornish Heritage Farms
Beautiful (Rummage Bin) from Cornish Heritage Farms
Large Polka Dot backgrounder from Cornish Heritage Farms


Ink:
Worn Lipstick distress (Ranger)
Espresso Adirondack (Ranger)
Snow Cap pigment Adirondack (Ranger)


Paper:
Simply Smooth White from Cornish Heritage Farms
Kraft
Bazzill Bling (dark brown - nonshimmery side)


Other:
sponge
Irridescent Medium (Winsor & Newton)
Bow Easy
ribbon (Offray)
scallop punch (EK Success)
circle and scallop circle dies (Spellbinders Nestabilities)


Technique:
Dabbed Shimmers (Technique Junkies Feb 2010)

1 comment:

Joan Ervin said...

I just love the colors you used on this, Holly, and how you stamped the sentiment over the flourish...sooo beautiful!!!!