Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Kinkade Arch Window



After making all kinds of cute and pretty things, it was time for me to go in the opposite direction with a masculine card. This arch window card has a Thomas Kinkade scene stamped on the inside so it really does look like you are looking out a window. I used the A2 Arch Window die cut in a chocolate brown cardstock color.

I brayered some brown ink onto the stamp to get the best impression and then stamped it on some ivory cardstock. Look at all those fine details like the man fishing and the smoke coming out of the chimneys. This image works beautifully with these window cards from Creative Cuts and More. Once I was sure the ink was dry, I used a sponge to add a little Old Paper distress ink to age up the image a bit.

I stamped the sentiment on ivory cardstock and punched it out, then layered it on another punched out piece of artichoke cardstock. I added some aged copper brads to the sides and then adhered it to the top of the arch window with some dimensionals. The last thing I did was I wrapped some hemp twine around the side of the card.

If you've been following my blog, you might have seen this type of arch window card before. I love these die cuts! This is my favorite type of card to make. Wanna take some bets on how many more cards you'll see with this arch window die cut here on my blog by the end of the year? LOL


Die Cuts:
A2 Arch Window die cut from Creative Cuts and More

Stamps:
The Good Life (Thomas Kinkade) from Cornish Heritage Farms
Autumn Abundance (sentiment) from PTI

Ink:
Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up)
Old Paper distress (Ranger)

Paper:
Chocolate Chip
Always Artichoke
Naturals Ivory


Other:
hemp twine
aged copper brads (Making Memories)
sponge
Modern Label punch (SU)
word window punch (SU)

2 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

WOW, Holly...this is absolutely STUNNING!!!!! That awesome image looks sooo beautiful stamped in the brown tones and aren't you clever to use the Arch window and twine!!!! This will be perfect for that special man of yours!!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

WOW! I wish this was my view!