Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Belli Challenge #83 - hearts



Here is my card for today's Belli Challenge. Can you see the hearts on this card? I've gone with a very subtle presentation of the hearts here. Look at the designer paper - it's peppered with hearts and the little rhinestone to the right of the sentiment is in the shape of a heart. :-)

I had to break out and play with the new chipboard that I got from Stampers Dream. I painted the birdcage and the bird with some Making Memories paint and let them dry. I glued the wing to the bird and then covered it completely with Flower Soft glue and some Ivory Flower Soft. Now my bird is all fluffy! LOL

Play along with our Belli Challenge today and create something with hearts on it. You'd be getting your Valentine card for your sweetie done in time for that special day - hint hint!! Need more inspiration? See what our Belli Girls have created for you, and stop by and welcome our NEWEST Belli Girls (Jenny, Joy, Liz, and Maria) over on the Belli Challenge blog.

Stamps: Swan Song (Verve)
Ink: Pure Poppy (PTI)
CS: Vanilla, Real Red
Other: chipboard (Maya Road), paint (Making Memories), Sugar Rush dp (Basic Grey), gem (K&Company), gold elastic cord, Ivory Flower Soft, Flower Soft glue

8 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

So cute - love your fuzzy bird and that dp is wonderful!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Oh Holly, what a fabulous sentiment to go with this card!! The dp is wonderful, and I just love that bird's feathers and his RED cage!!

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Holly...just look at that adorable fluffy bird...toooooo cute!!!! I just love your little birdcage, too, and your paper and little rhinestone heart are sooo perfect!!!! See ya in a week or so...be good while I'm gone!!!

Liz Williams said...

This is an adorable card. I love the feathery look of the bird and the sweet sentiment and heart rhinestone are so perfectly placed!

Fern said...

What a cute card, Holly!! Love the "fluffy" bird and the birdcage is awesome.. I will have to check those out, great embellishments!! Hugs!

Jean Franks Beck said...

OMG, how cute is that little flower soft fluffed birdie?!?! Holly, everything this card is fabulous!

Christi Flores said...

I love this!!

Chrissy D said...

KLove the boidy in the cage! So cute!!!