Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Door with Poinsettia Wreath




This idea popped into my head last weekend, and I made it right away. But with all the Thanksgiving preparations and the birthday parties over this weekend, I completely forgot to put this up on my blog for y'all.

I stamped the poinsettia wreath from Sweet N Sassy Stamps' Christmas Poinsettias with Memento Rich Cocoa ink, and then I colored it with copic markers. I did use a gold glitter pen in the centers of the flowers, but you can't really see the sparkle in this picture.

For the door, I cut some rectangles using the same color cardstock as the card - Naturals White. I then went around the edges of everything with a sponge dipped in Old Paper distress ink. Don't they look like the panels in a door? :-)

The hardest part of this card was the time involved in coloring and cutting out the wreath. Other than that, this is a very quick and simple card. You could whip out 50 of these in a few hours and have them in the mail on the same day. You don't believe me?? I dare you to do it!! Hee hee hee!

Stamps: Christmas Poinsettias from Sweet N Sassy Stamps
Ink: Old Paper distress, Memento Rich Cocoa, PTI Pure Poppy
CS: Naturals White, Neenah White
Other: copic markers, gold brad, gold glitter pen (Spica), sponge

4 comments:

mustangkayla said...

How cute! What a great idea!

Jodi Collins said...

This is AWESOME Holly! LOVE LOVE LOVE the design of a door (how smart are you??) and the wreath is GORGEOUS!!

Joan Ervin said...

What a pretty card, Holly...I love how you made a door out of the cut card and your wreath is beautiful!!!!

Candy said...

Fabulous Holly, love the door idea very clever!!