Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sarah Kay kitty



I love the Sarah Kay stamps - they remind me so much of the Holly Hobbie character that I grew up with. For this card, I picked my papers and colors first, and then colored the image based on the colors in the background paper.

The little crochet butterfly is a new design that my friend Leah sent me - isn't that adorable? I love the open winged butterfly; it's so sweet and delicate. You can find that and other wonderful items here. If you don't see what you want, you can always email Leah for a custom order (that's what I do!). :-)

I saw this particular layout on Lynda Benden's blog and I just loved the clean and simple elegance of it. I wanted to see how it would look with a Sarah Kay image, and I have to say, "me likey!" Hee hee hee!

Stamps: Stampavie Lucy & Kitty (I bought mine from Stampers Dream), Stampscapes small grass
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Mellow Moss, Old Paper distress ink
CS: Sage Shadow, White, Daisy D retired dsp
Other: nestabilities, sponge, copic markers, jumbo eyelet, sage ribbon, vanilla ribbon, Top Note die cut, crochet butterfly from Paper Blooms

2 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

Me likey, too, Holly!!!! Your coloring is exceptionally FABULOUS and I love the colors you used!!!! Mighty purty, little girl!!!!

sandi maciver said...

wow, you did an awesome job with the copic's Holly, very nice.