Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Crochet Butterfly



My sweet friend, Leah Cornelius, made this gorgeous ivory crochet butterfly for me, which I just got in the mail yesterday. It's just darling! You can find crochet flowers and lots of other things that Leah makes in her shop, Paper Blooms. If you don't see the colors you want, email her and she will do a custom order for you. She is SO sweet and she made the exact colors of flowers and butterflies that I asked for. Thank you, Leah!! I had to sit down and make a card using this ivory butterfly today, so I checked out The Sweet Stop sketch challenge.

You know me - I keep things clean and simple. So I eliminated some of the layering that was on the sketch challenge and did this card "my way." I sponged the Very Vanilla cardstock so the ivory butterfly would really pop out.

The sentiment is one of the stamps that There She Goes stamp company donated to the shoebox swap that I went to last month. It was the perfect sentiment to use with this crochet butterfly! :-)

Stamps: Butterfly Happiness (There She Goes)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Paper distress ink, Walnut Stain distress ink
CS: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, designer paper from K and Co.
Other: brown ribbon from May Arts, nestabilities, sponge, crochet butterfly (Paper Blooms)

4 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Great card, Holly. Love that crocheted butterfly and the papers you chose. And the sentiment is perfect!

Leah said...

GASP! Holly this card is just stunning:) Love the papers and the inking and oh my, you sure made that little butterfly shine:) So pretty!

Kirsten said...

This is beautiful! I love the papers it is the perfect look for the crocheted butterfly and the sentiment is lovely too.

Girl can Knit - Cherry Lane Knit Stamp Quilt said...

Leah did a great job! What a nice way to make the papers and the butterfly just spring off the page!