Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Kinkade in Blue



I created this card for the TK Blitz going on at Cornish Heritage Farms. The challenge was to make a monochromatic card - ink up a Thomas Kinkade image with just one color. That is the best and easiest way to play with the Kinkade stamps. :-)

I inked up Hometown Pride with Versafine Blue ink and stamped it onto Prism Smooth White cardstock. After it dried, I cut it out with nestabilities and layered it onto a Brilliant Blue cardstock. The sentiment is from CHF's Scripture Essentials I. I paired that with a Brilliant Blue button that was threaded with the same blue gingham ribbon.

I tried several different backgrounds and designer papers with this, and they just overwhelmed the TK image. Since I wanted that and the Scripture to be the focal point, I left the card base a simple white. :-)

For this and the next few posts, I am scheduling them ahead of time. My hubby is having surgery and I'm not sure how much time I will have on the computer. Hopefully my posts will show up each day so you have some eye candy to look at. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this card Holly. It is so pretty.