Tuesday, February 17, 2009

CBCC #26 - Bubble Wrap



When Courtney told us to use bubble wrap for this week's challenge, I thought, "bubble wrap?" What do you do with THAT? I inked it up and stamped it on cardstock, and thought it looked a bit like a honeycomb. So why not make a bee card?

For this card I used cocoa ink on the bubble wrap and stamped it on Summer Sun cardstock. I had originally tried Chocolate Chip ink, and it was just too dark and icky. The cocoa ink is less harsh.

The bees on here are from a Christmas gift from my mom. She gave me Bee-Mail made by Renaissance by Design. It is a super cute stamp set! I love it - thanks, Mom!

We have a new Challenge Chick joining us. Welcome Risa Malieta West to our group! Check out all the Chicks' blogs to see what they have created with bubble wrap this week:

Courtney Fowler
Maria Fiscella
Danielle Marcus
Sparkle Smith
Maria Gurnsey
Kim Gruetzmacher
Risa Malieta West


Stamps: Bee-Mail (Renaissance by Design)
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Mememto Rich Cocoa
CS: Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun, Red Riding Hood, White, Chocolate Chip dsp
Other: Red Riding Hood striped ribbon, prima flowers, buttons, yellow copic marker, clear Spica glitter pen

6 comments:

Risa Malieta W. said...

Thanks for the warm welcome Holly! Your card is so awesome!! The bubble wrap prints are so clear and perfect and your bees are adorable.
hugs
Risa:)

Maria Gurnsey said...

I love this, the colors are great and the bees adorable :)

Sparkle said...

Your card is so pretty! I love the rich colors.

Courtney said...

Oh this is adorable! Just too cute!

Dani said...

Fabulous job! The bees are adorable!

Christi said...

What a fantastic color combo! This is adorable!!