Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2008

OCCC Silhouette Challenge



I read the challenge that the OCCC blog has issued this week, and I wanted to play along. The challenge is to use silhouettes. I love my silhouette stamps! I pulled out a set that I haven't inked up yet - Inkadinkadoo's Fall Season.

I found that if I ink up with regular Stampin Up classic (dye) inks, the images come out looking rather splotchy and ugh. If you look at the tree closely, you can see the splotchiness. When I inked up with Versamark and stamped on the Rust cardstock (the lower part of the card), it looked much better. I probably need to sand down the images (these are clear stamps) so they will accept the dye inks better, but I didn't want to waste time on that today. My mojo was flowing and I wanted to stamp, not sand! LOL

I stamped the large leaf image with Versamark on Rust cardstock, and cut it out to go inside the card. See below:



I'm working on a special card for the upcoming Belli Challenge this Wednesday. Come back here and check it out on Wednesday. :-)

Stamps: Harvest Home (Stampin Up), Fall Season (Inkadinkadoo)
Ink: Artichoke, Rust, Chocolate Chip, Versamark
CS: Chocolate Chip, Rust, White, Artichoke dsp
Other: Vintage Copper brads (retired SU), piercing tool

2 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh AWESOME STAMP!!!! I LOVE THIS- I WANT IT!!!! LOL Can I beg for some stamped images? PUH-LEEZ? Love your card! Bravo Holly!

Courtney said...

*gasp* How pretty!