Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

Cherish long card



Here is another version of the long card I showed you yesterday. This one is much simpler and quicker. I came across my old Two Scoops (Basic Grey) paper collection, and there are some stickers in this package. I wanted to use the "cherish" sticker, and I knew it would be perfect on a long card.

So what images do you associate with "cherish?" I wasn't really sure what images would work, so I pulled out some butterfly stamps and went to work. All the stamps on here are from Cornish Heritage Farms. I started by stamping the dark blue swirls, then I added the leaves. The butterflies are stamped with Baja Breeze and Pink Pirouette inks, and then I sponged the edges with Blue Bayou (retired SU inkpad).

It didn't seem quite "finished" so I looked at the stickers again. There are some little tiny flower stickers, and I pulled those off and stuck them on the leaves. I think that really finishes the card nicely.

Stamps: Beautiful (swirls), Nature Silhouettes (leaves), Vintage Butterflies (all from Cornish Heritage Farms)
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze, Celery, Blue Bayou
CS: Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Basic Grey Two Scoops collection
Other: white taffeta ribbon, scallop edge punch, tiny pearls, sponge

2 comments:

Danni said...

Very nice. Love the butterflies.

Joan Ervin said...

WOW!!! I LOVE the little flower scene you created with the butterfly, silhouettes, flourishes, and stickers....looks gorgeous!!!