Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Candle Tin



I bought this stamp from Ellen Hutson when I bought my Copic markers, and I wanted to try coloring this. This image is my second try at coloring with Copics. The first one is the card I posted yesterday.

I started out by stamping the image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, letting it dry, and then figuring out what each shape was. I saw oranges studded with cloves, pumpkins, grapes, pears, a squash, and an apple, along with the candle, leaves, and basket. So I went from there and picked out colors to sort of go along with those fruits.

Can you see the little halo of light outside the hurricane glass? I picked the palest palest color of yellow to give me that soft glow. After I did that, it suddenly struck me. Why make a card?? How about a tin full of tealight candles??

I was on a candle-making kick a few years back, and I had made a huge stash of tealight candles, along with other various shapes of candles. I found where I hid them, and they still smell like the wonderful vanilla scent I put in them all those years ago. Mmmmmmm........

I fit 6 tealights inside a nugget tin (you can find these at PaperTreyink), wrapped a Pumpkin Pie designer paper belly band around the tin, and adhered the candle/fruit image on top. Now my problem is that I love this too much to give it away.

Below is a picture of the Copics I used to color in this image.




Stamps: Lockhart Stamp Co.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
CS: White, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Pumpkin Pie dsp
Other: nugget tin, tealight candles, Copic markers

3 comments:

Shelly Koskinen said...

What a great idea! Your did a nice job of coloring too!

Christi Flores said...

This is such a cute idea!! I love this!!!

Joan Ervin said...

Oh, Holly, this is gorgeous!!!!! You are a master copic user already!!! I love that image, too...gotta borrow that stamp!!!