Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Belli #20 - vellum

This week's Belli Challenge is to use vellum on your card or project. Here are two cards that I made for this challenge:





I loved creating this card above. CHF just recently retired their stained glass backgrounder stamp, but I won't be getting rid of this. I love this stained glass. It's so much fun to color. I chose to go pastel for this card, and I picked out some pale shades of Twinkling H2O's to paint on here.

The vellum on this card actually came from junk mail. Yup! I gutted out the junk mail and kept the gorgeous shimmery vellum envelope. To attach it, I did something new. I punched holes on each side and tied some ribbon through.

Stamps: Stained Glass backgrounder (Cornish Heritage Farms), sentiment by Inkadinkadoo
CS: White, Amethyst, shimmery vellum from junk mail envelope
Ink: Stazon Black
Other: aquapainter, hole punch, white narrow ribbon (Offray), light blue narrow organdy (retired SU)
Twinkling H2O's - Pink Crocus, Pink Cloud, Chiffon Pink, Mint Julep, Periwinkle, Icy Iris, Plum Blossom






For this card above, I did something totally different. I stamped the flower with Stazon Black onto vellum, let it dry, and then cut it out. I colored in the little circles with a white gel pen just to give it a little depth. This is a very different look with the button on top of the vellum flower. All supplies on this card above are from Stampin Up!

Stamps: Embrace Life, Short & Sweet
CS: River Rock, Ginger Blossom dp, vellum paper
Ink: Stazon Black
Other: white gel pen, Earth Elements button, linen twine

1 comment:

Chrissy D said...

Love the stained glass card and your RIver Rock card is nice too! TFS!