Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Belli #11 - Embossing Powder



It's time for Chrissy's Belli Challenge! This week we are doing embossing powder. You know, that stuff you bought 5 years ago, stashed in a drawer, and forgot about? Pull it out and shake it up, and put it to use. Here is one way to use embossing powder.

Before I got started, I wiped down my white cardstock with my embossing buddy. I didn't want any stray pieces of embossing powder all over the paper, and this embossing buddy really helps. I inked up this beautiful flower stamp with Gold Encore ink, stamped on the white cardstock, and covered it with Gold embossing powder. After I shook off all the excess powder, I heated it up with my heat tool.

While it was cooling off, I picked out some colors of Twinkling H2O's that I thought would be a good match with the background paper. It was fun to color in the spaces with the twinklers - there's no worry about colors running together because the raised embossing powder acts as a barrier.

To finish off the card, I added some raised white dots with an old bottle of Paper Paint. It might be hard to see them, since they blend into the card rather nicely.

Pull out your embossing powders and create a card. If you post to SCS, please use CBC11 as a keyword. Don't forget to post your link to Chrissy's Belli Challenge so we can ooh and ahh over your creations. :-)

Stamps: Stampendous, Stampin Up Everyday Flexible Phrases
CS: Bordering Blue, Burgundy, Whisper White, Basic Grey Perhaps collection
Ink: Gold Encore, Burgundy
Twinkling H2O's: Buttercup, Blue Ice, Playful Peony, Pear Blossom, Jasper Red, Black Orchid
Other: Word Window punch, gold embossing powder, White Paper Paint, aquapainter, embossing buddy

2 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Holly- This is STUNNING- I love these colors- this is such a comforting card. just beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration and for participating in the Belli Challenge!

Joan Ervin said...

Wow, this is sooo gorgeous and I got to see it up close and personal!!!I love the gold embossing and your coloring is absolutely awesome!!! Grandma loves it, too!!!